Are you passionate about protecting the world’s oceans through green technology for ballast water? Are you interested in engineering and has experience with calculating heat balance in engines? If you can reply yes to these questions, then we have the right position for you!
On behalf of BAWAT, MARPRO is looking for a Technical and Sales Support profile:
Bawat A/S is a Danish-owned company that offers a unique green solution for treating ballast water. Ballast water transported by ships must not be discharged into new waters without treatment. The solution is based on using the ship’s waste heat to pasteurise the ballast water. This green technology uses neither chemicals nor additional energy, which makes it unique among the market’s competing solutions. It is IMO and USCG approved, patented, and still also holds great development potential. Bawat A/S has already sold ballast-water installations to several of the world’s leading shipping companies. The market is very attractive, since the world’s collective fleet of ships – large and small, new and old – are now obliged legally to only discharge treated ballast water. Moreover, a unique feature of the technology is that it can be used to great advantage in both ports and shipyards.
Bawat A/S seeks the following employee to join the company on this growth journey.
Your daily work will consist of a mix of the following tasks:
- Feasibility studies
- Calculation of heat balance
- Client support
- Servicing the Bawat engineering team
- Various administrative back office tasks
Professional competencies required for this position:
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English
- Danish on conversational level
- A relevant technical background
- Practical experience with calculation of heat balance
- Previous experience from an engine supplier is an advantage
Personal characteristics for the profile we are looking for:
- Work in a systematic and structured way
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Professional mindset
Working for Bawat A/S in engineering means:
- You will join a team of committed colleagues who are passionate about their work
- You will be a part of a successful start-up company
- You will have plenty of opportunities for personal development in a busy working environment with rapid decision-making processes
- You will be part of a team of experts, that are in the forefront of science and technical development
- Limited travel activities
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact Managing Director, Jakob le Fevre, MARPRO on +45 5370 0995.
Application deadline is July 20th, 2020. If interested in being part of the journey, please send your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. Please note that we always confirm receipt by email. If you have not received our confirmation within 10 min. after uploading your application, check your spam filter, to ensure communication regarding this.
The development of an entirely new approach to ballast water management that is simple, flexible, cost-effective, and sustainable led to the founding of Bawat in 2011. Since then, Bawat has built upon its innovative breakthrough to offer targeted, state-of-the art solutions to the maritime industry as this sector adapts to a new environmental framework at sea. Bawat is an engineer-driven company that is rooted in the tradition of Danish maritime innovation. Bawat has a deep maritime insight and expertise and an extensive network in the sector. For these reasons, Bawat is seen as a trusted and professional partner. Read more: www.bawat.com