Manage team of staff in marina dock office with overall responsibility for providing and efficient, effective, polite and friendly service to clients and ensuring a smooth running of the day-to-day activities in the marina office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage safety, cleanliness and tidiness of the marina, car park and boat storage ashore on a daily basis.
- Ensure compliance to statutory requirements, (H&S, Water , and fire regulations, etc)
- Maximise revenues from overnight and longer term casual visitors
- Manage metering of electricity to boats, reading, invoicing and record keeping
- Develop and implement new Marina Office procedures, work processes and systems, with Management approval, which will help to improve the efficiency and smooth running of the Marina
- Ensure that Senior Dockmasters adhere to their Ownership Tasks, as well as Daily Tasks
- Primary point of contact and liaison between the dock office, senior management, and the Company
- Ensure correct operation/maintenance of systems including car park barriers, CCTV, Heating, hot water and sewage systems
- Ensure safe operation, restocking, inspection and maintenance of the refueller barge
- Liaise with external agencies in cases of emergency (Ambulance, Fire, Police, RNLI, HM, EA)
- Liaison with Managing Director’s office to take berth enquiries, carry out tours, secure new annual berth holders and allocate berths
- Ensure that the dock office staff are up to date with current boatyard projects activities
- Organise staff rota, manage night watchman, approve holiday time and manage sick leave.
- Oversee recruitment and training of new/temporary/seasonal staff
- Stay abreast of market trends and new equipment/technology within the marina/boating leisure industry
- Monitor and record competitor pricing and service development
- Gain approval and procure items/equipment to ensure smooth running of the marina
- Oversee berth planning for the Company’s annual boat show
- Represent the Company at industry events and other forums, as required.
- Supplement Dockmaster role when required
Job holder attribute, Skills and Experience
- Customer relationship skills to deal with customers from many different countries and cultures.
- Competent to run a busy office and prioritise tasks
- Personnel management to direct, control, coach and support a range of personalities.
- Able to determine improvements to processes and systems, and implement changes
- Ability to operate company ERP system and other technology (CCTV and Wifi)
- Competent user of Microsoft Office packages
- Strong communication skills to manage staff, rotas and emergency situations
- Proven track record in the leisure marine industry with minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Appropriate Marina management courses
- Basic sales and marketing skills
- Financial awareness and analysis
- Understanding of utility supplies, (electricity, water and gas) ; sewage and drainage.
Please note that we are unable to consider applications from candidates who DO NOT have the right to live and work in the UK for this position.