Our Client is seeking a Financial Planner & Accountant to join their global company specialising in Shipbuilding, Brokerage and specialist projects offering world-class design and engineering of custom maritime vessels, from cargo ships to tankers to luxury personal craft.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the reporting on performance against Forecast, identifying key drivers and flagging any underlying opportunities/issues.
- Manage quarterly reconciliation of components of P&L, free cash flow and net cash flow across multiple business unit
- Take overall responsibility for team output and deadlines and manage workload effectively across the team
- Help the team develop within their roles by ensuring they are being given enough challenge to expand their knowledge and enough support to be able to develop new skills
- Present results to the leadership team to enable to them to clearly understand key drivers and any business decisions required
- Responsibility for all commercial finance duties over smaller products
- Develop analysis/tools to track business growth for products to better understand its drivers
- Maintain continuous alignment of our wider team efforts on projects which have high impact on the Company’s finance and accounting processes
- Build and maintain a dynamic forecasting model and strategic plan that blends top down and bottoms up assumptions.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of insightful analyses and materials for senior management/investor relations for quarterly press releases, earnings calls and Board of Directors presentations.
- Prepare monthly management account packs to include:
- P&L, variance to budget and YTD total.
- Cashflow statement, variance to budget & forecast to year end
- Balance sheet
- Costs, direct & overhead
- Debtors and Creditors
- Committed Revenue
- Closure of month end of Sage, strict control of in month processing and reconciliation of Sage to Management Accounts packs.
- Maintenance and supervision of the company’s purchase ledger. This includes data entry, account reconciliations, payment runs and credit control.
- Monthly bank & credit card reconciliations.
- Month end journals, prepayments and accruals.
- Monthly Cash Flow forecasts.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of Fixed Asset register.
- Liaising with the accountants for the calculation of corporation tax and accurate presentation of the end of year accounts.
- Ensuring the compliance with all legal legislation, including filing of accounts, tax reporting, VAT and filing of confirmation statements.
- Preparation of reports to assist with company objective planning and to aid strategic decisions.
- Communicate business critical information regarding the finance department to the COO.
- When the Company becomes auditable you be responsible for preparing the data packs and liaising with the auditors
- All aspects of payroll ensuring that all remuneration payments to staff are made accurately and efficiently, including;
- Reporting to HMRC, RTI, P11ds etc
- Preparation and submission of end of year reports
- Pensions administration and reporting
- Preparation of financial forecasts (3YR) including detailed assumptions.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Conscientious, self-motivated and dedicated
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Bookkeeping professional with SME experience
- Expert in Sage 50 accounts and Sage Payroll is essential
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis, with exposure to financials, accounting, and operating budget management.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA), BA/BSc 2:1 or above (or equivalent), and strong academic record
- Advanced excel modelling skills with experience developing business models, designing strategic frameworks, increasing the complexity of financial models and simplifying complex situations
- Previous management experience is essential
- Proven track record of influencing stakeholders and senior management
- IFRS & SAP experience would be an advantage
- A dedicated team player who is prepared to work longer hours during certain key points of the year when deadlines need to be met
- Someone who is able to apply a structured approach towards balancing multiple demands and priorities.
The company is based in Palma, Majorca. Accommodation and support will be provided whilst the successful candidate seeks permanent accommodation, thereafter the candidate will be responsible for all household expenses.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00.
The salary stated represents net income, is dependent on experience and paid in £ Sterling.
Applications welcome from candidates/contractors that can invoice as a Sole Trader or Limited Company.