Managing Director - Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement - Singapore
BSM is looking for a dynamic leader who has exceptional operational, commercial and leadership experience to join its team for the position of the Managing Director in BSM Singapore.
Who we are
Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM) is an integrated maritime solutions leader, with more than 130 years of experience in the shipping industry. Managing a fleet of 600 vessels, 20,000 employees enable the delivery of safe, reliable and efficient ship management services through a network of 10 ship management, 26 crew service and five wholly-owned maritime training centres across the world. Alongside comprehensive shipmanagement services, BSM offers a suite of complementary maritime solutions that are customised to meet individual customer requirements.
Your role at BSM Singapore
This role requires you to develop the strategic objectives of the Singapore Ship Management Centre (SMC) locally, aligned to the values, mission and vision of BSM globally, and ensure the accurate, effective and efficient implementation of all business operations, to support the business growth and profitability of the company. You must control the efficiency and quality of the Ship Management Centre provided services and lead its promotion to the local and/or regional market, so as to generate new leads and increase business.
- Develop the SMC’s short and long-term objectives aligned with the Organisation’s strategic goals
- Monitor local maritime market conditions and trends and propose improvements or developments to increase efficiency, competitiveness, market expansion
- Lead the customer development of the SMC and promote the services of BSM to the local maritime market
- Review and approve new ship management contracts with customers aligned with BSM policies and procedures
- Review audit reports ensuring Company’s compliance with the national and international regulations, procedures and standards
- Promote initiatives to mitigate risk, increase the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the Company
- Responsible for the SMC’s business plan and budget, identify cost saving opportunities and maximise the utilisation of cost effective solutions
- Coordinate, coach and motivate local employees to support and add value to their teams and overall performance of the SMC
Our ideal candidate should have:
What you can expect
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent, MBA or equivalent, OR Chief Engineer/Master Mariner/General Management
- At least 8 years of shore experience with shipmanagement OR at least 8 years in Operations/Management of a ship owning business with international exposure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and people management skills
- The vision for innovation and constant development
- Accounting knowledge and budgeting principles
- Experience in business development and customer management
- Knowledge of the local/regional maritime market conditions and international maritime regulations
- Knowledge of the maritime and local legal framework, e.g. employers’ obligations, recruitment prerequisites, etc.
- An existing strong network to strengthen the presence of BSM
- Fluency in English
- Global identity
- Experienced leadership
- Innovative tech-based tools
- Cultural diversity
- Continuous opportunities for learning and development
- If you are interested for the position please click apply, the latest by Wednesday, 28th February 2018 with a cover letter, explaining the reasons you are suited for the position.